Argos KYC+AML screening process
Note, this page describes the Argos KYC+AML screening process.
Argos receives the following information from KYC applicants:
1. Photo of ID document(Level 1)
2. Face photo (Level 1)
3. Residential address information collection (Level 2-a)
4. Proof of residence (Level 2-b)
*Please refer to the client company option settings to learn more about KYC Level.
After receiving the KYC information from the applicant, the following process begins.
1. ID Classification & Template OCR
- Compare the submitted ID document photos to Argos global ID document database to classify the matching ID document format.
- Extracts and digitizes information such as
Date of birthfrom matched ID documents using Template OCR technology.
- The final data will be saved through OCR Validation to see if the extracted information is accurate without errors.
2. Face Comparison
- Extract the face image from the submitted ID document photo.
- Determine the
Similaritybetween the user's face photo and the submitted ID document profile photo.
- Check the
Livenessscore from the submitted face photo.
4. IP Address Extract
- When using the Argos Form, each KYC applicant’s
IP Locationis collected and allows tracking the approximate location of the apllicant.
(*If you submit KYC application information via IP address extraction cannot be supported.)
5. KYC Agent Review
KYC processing agentwill conduct a detailed manual review of KYC application that are not automatically processed.
- This corrects errors that may occur in the user's KYC submission process and increases the approval rate of the valid KYC applications.
6. AML Screening
- Determines whether a person has money laundering and/or terrorist financing risk based on the
Watch Listsearches on KYC-approved applicants.
- AML Screening checks the similarity between the AML database search result and KYC-approved applicant information.